50 Websites With Tips For Getting Over a Breakup
It’s never easy when a relationship ends, and people will often seek breaking up advice to help ease the pain. Below, I’ve assembled 50 websites with tips for getting over a breakup. Hopefully, this will provide you with a number of ideas beyond simply sitting at home and crying your eyes out.
When a partnership between two people ends, relationship advice can always be helpful. Not only does it help with the grieving process, but is also allows you to find positive ways to channel all your negative emotions.
1. Healthy Relationships Center – Whether you’re getting over a breakup or simply tired of your current relationship, the counselors at Healthy Relationships Center are available to help you. Both phone and email consultations are available, and your first call is free.
2. Relationship Headquarters – Do you have trouble finding and keeping a good man? If so, the fine folks at Relationship Headquarters will tell you the three things that men can’t resist, plus how to make your husband adore you. If you’ve ever wanted to know what makes men tick, then this could be the site for you.
3. MarsVenus – Dr. John Gray, author of the best-selling relationship book of all time (Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus), offers advice and life-coaching on his website. You can also purchase all of his books plus other wellness products. Relationship coaches are available over the phone, and an online dating service is also offered.
4. Bitter Single Guy’s Relationship Advice – A guy who’s been dumped one too many times offers relationship advice. The information is useful, but it’s also presented in a lighthearted fashion.
5. Love Test – Maybe you’re currently going through a breakup, or maybe your relationship is on the rocks. Either way, this site provides a number of love quizzes and relationship quizzes to gauge whether or not the spark is still there. There’s also a cute Fortune Teller quiz which predicts your future love life.
Get Back in the Dating Scene
If you get thrown off a horse, sometimes the best remedy is to get right back on. While it’s not always the best course of action (depending on how painful the breakup was), sometimes it’s helpful to get back in the dating scene as soon as possible.
6. Match.com – The largest singles site on the Internet, over 20,000 people join Match.com every day. People of all ages, races and interests are available, and you’re guaranteed to find that special someone within 6 months (or their services are free).
7. Yahoo! Personals – Matching tools help you find the right single for you. Thousands of members are online, and you can connect with people at your own pace. They also offer a six-month promise when it comes to finding your true love.
8. eHarmony – One of the leading online dating services, eHarmony offers a pre-screening survey which matches you with other singles along 29 different dimensions. It’s also free to receive and review your matches (although contacting them does cost a fee).
9. Mature Singles Only – Looking for a relationship, but tired of getting matched with people half your age? Mature Singles Only specializes in singles who are 40 years or older. Members of this service are looking for serious long-term relationships.
10. Christian Cafe – A place where Christian singles can connect with one another. You can date or chat with your matches, and all customers enjoy a 10-day free trial.
Take a Trip
After breaking up, sometimes it’s best to take a trip and clear your head. The following sites can help get you to where you want to go or offer suggestions on the best travel destinations.
11. National Travel Ltd. – This full service travel agency has been in business since 1994. Their agents will review your needs and find the trip that’s best for you.
12. Cayman Islands – The official site of the Cayman Islands. Book your trip and enjoy watersports, golf and breathtaking beaches.
13. Djoser’s Exotic Tours – This service offers guided tours and safaris to 55 exotic destinations around the globe. Tour groups are comprised of 4 to 22 travelers of all ages. Destinations include Africa, Europe, South America and many more.
14. Belize Vacations – If you’re going to take a trip, why not experience the exotic paradise of Belize? This site details the best deals on Belize travel, Belize hotels and Belize beaches. Located between Mexico and Guatemala, Belize is truly a tropical paradise.
15. Tripology – Enter the kind of trip you want to take, and Tripology will refer you to three different travel services which can meet your needs. All manner of trips are available, and it’s free to begin your search.
16. Regent Seven Seas Cruises – Offering luxury cruises all around the world, Regent Seven Seas Cruises has travel agents standing by to meet your needs.
Find a Lover
If you miss the physical side of a relationship but aren’t looking to date, perhaps you should consider finding a lover. While breaking up is always painful, a sexy companion can quickly ease your stress.
17. Fling – Millions of singles and swingers are available through Fling. You can review profiles and photos and even engage in live webcam chat. Millions of pictures are available, and customer service is available 24/7.
18. Adult Friend Finder – If you’re looking for a sex partner in the United States, you may want to start with Adult Friend Finder. They have over 20 million members, and you can search for men, women, couples, groups or transsexuals.
19. One Night Date Link – Looking for a no-strings encounter? One Night Date Link is completely free and offers real people in your area. There are thousands of members , and you’ll have access to their free audio and video chat.
20. Eros – Providing contact information for escorts and professional companions all over the world, Eros is a leader in the business of pleasure. All races and genders are available, and you can even see some of the men and women via their erotic webcams.
21. All Pro Escorts – Specializing in Canadian escorts, this service boasts competitive prices and fast, friendly service. Escorts are available 24 hours a day, 365 days per years.
22. Men 4 Rent Now – If you’re looking for a gay escort or masseur, Men 4 Rent Now has just what you’re after. Look through uncensored photos and detailed profiles, plus escorts are available for most major cities.
Get a Hobby
Without your male or female companion, you may find that you have a lot of time on your hands. Why not take up a hobby to cope with the pain of breaking up?
23. List of Hobbies – A massive list of hobbies from NotSoBoringLife.com. Excellent resource for anyone looking to get a hobby.
24. Hobbies – A hobby supply retailer, Hobbies.net offers everything from model ships and planes to puzzles and games. Online ordering is available.
25. Recreational Hobbies from Yahoo! – Not only can you learn more about hobbies like treasure hunting and amateur astronomy, but you can also find people in your area to enjoy them with.
26. Discover a Hobby – If you’re looking to begin a new hobby, this site will tell you about all the options available. You can even take free online lessons and purchase books and DVDs.
27. Hobbies for Women – Explains why hobbies are important for women. Also offers links to resources on watercolor painting and crafts.
28. Hobby Books – Thousands of hobby books are available from Borders Books. These range from model building to boxing and everything in between.
29. Sewing.org – Find free sewing and craft projects. Also learn to make dolls, toys, jewelry and quilts. Ideal site for the woman suffering through a break-up.
30. Football Babble – If you’re looking to spend more time on the couch watching football, this site will tell you everything you need to know. Includes rules of the game, details on all NFL cheerleading squads and profiles for the stars of the game.
31. Learn Poker Strategy – Playing poker is a great way to pass the time, and you could even hit the jackpot in the process. This site guides you through all the terminology and strategy you’ll need to employ to be successful.
32. MySpace – Millions of people around the globe use this social networking site. You can chat in forums, watch videos and even search for long-lost classmates. The perfect way to share yourself with the world and maybe even meet someone for a potential romance.
Seek Spiritual Guidance
When searching for breaking up advice, sometimes people are actually seeking spiritual advice. Getting over a breakup can be much easier with a faithful congregation at your side.
33. Christian Teens – Offers sex and relationship advice for Christian teens. Christian teen dating is covered, as well as what the Bible says about sex.
34. Torah Class – Offering study of the Bible for both Christians and Jews. Studies and feature articles are available.
35. The Gospel Way – Study the Bible to seek spiritual guidance and direction in your life. Find hope and answers to many of life’s questions.
36. My Inner World – Join a community of like-minded individuals looking for spiritual guidance. This site offers personal growth and self-discovery.
Words of Wisdom
When you’re felling low following a breakup, it might help to seek comfort in the sage advice of others. These words of wisdom are sure to have you feeling more philosophical about your breakup in no time at all.
38. Inspirational Words of Wisdom – A collection of poems, quotes, stories and proverbs to help get you inspired.
39. Buddhist Words of Wisdom – Offers daily words of wisdom from Buddhist philosopher Daisaku Ikeda.
40. Tentmaker’s Quotation Page – Famous quotes on subjects ranging from religion and love to government and family values.
41. ThinkExist.com – You can search for quotations by subject, but the section on relationships is particularly useful.
Exercise Your Demons
If you sit and home and pig out, it’ll be that much harder to find another attractive partner. Why not burn off your breakup frustration and get fit at the same time?
42. Gym Ticket – A directory of over 20,000 gyms and fitness centers across America. You can search by city or zip code, and free passes are often available.
43. Gold’s Gym – With locations worldwide, Gold’s Gym is the most successful chain of gyms on the planet. Weights, spas, basketball courts and much more are available.
44. Gym Source – Selling fitness equipment since 1937, Gym Source offers home gyms, treadmills, stationary bikes, weights and more. And if you’re looking to open a gymnasium, they have professionals who can help you design it.
45. Bowflex Home Gyms – The most cutting-edge workout equipment for your home or office. Order online or via their toll-free number. Those interested can request a free DVD information kit.
46. Combat Sports – Looking to burn some energy through boxing or MMA? Be sure to check out all the equipment and supplies offered by Combat Sports before you step into the ring.
After you’ve finished hitting the weights or treadmill, be sure and pamper yourself with a relaxing manicure, pedicure or massage.
47. The Added Touch – This store carries everything you’ll need to be good to yourself. In business since 1961, they offer bed, bath and beauty items, as well as clothing, games, reading and much more.
48. Hot Spring Spas – Relax in your own hot tub from Hot Spring Spas. They also happen to be the world’s number-one selling brand of spas.
49. Pedicure and Manicure Tips – Learn to give your feet and hands the attention they deserve. Numerous articles are featured, such as the secrets to healthy nails and the condition known as “high heel feet.”
50. The Woodhouse Day Spa – A national spa chain, Woodhouse offers over 70 spa treatments to pamper all five of your senses. Holiday packages are available, and over 25 locations are available throughout the United States.