Young men who are beginning to date need to learn how to flirt with women, because that’s usually how you turn attraction into a first date. And once you have that date, you need to know how to conduct yourself on your first date. So here’s some common sense mens dating tips for young men just learning about the dating life.
How To Tell If She’s Flirting
Here are some hints that she’s flirting with you. Don’t take any one look or movement on her part as the “tell” that she’s flirting with you, because each person has their own idiosyncracies. Some women like to play with their hair, for instance, or are simply outgoing. But if you notice that 3 or more of these flirting signs are appearing during your conversation, that’s a sign that a woman is being flirtatious.
1. Eye Contact – Maintaining eye contact is a sign that she’s flirting. The eyes are said to be the mirror of the soul, meaning they often give a person’s intentions and attitudes away.
2. Smiling With Eye Contact – If she smiles when you return her eye contact, that’s a good sign.
3. Eye Movement – Notice where her eye movement. If her eyes move back and forth across your face, that’s a sign that she’s attracted to you.
4. Posing Her Body – Posing is a classic sign of attraction, because she’s trying to draw your attention. Playing with her hair, running her finger across her lips or tilting her head to expose her neck are signs of posing.
5. Body Contact – If she touches you on the elbow or leans in towards you, these are signs of flirtation. Most women are not going to seek body contact with a man otherwise.
6. Total Attention – Once again, if she seems to maintain eye contact and is giving you her undivided attention is another sign she’s attracted. That is, if her body is sitting squarely and pointed directly at you, that’s a good sign.
7. Nervous or Distracted – Another possible sign that she’s attracted is when she seems distracted by something or nervous around you. Don’t get too carried away, though, because a lot of time, being distracted is being distracted. Also notice how this seemingly contradicts the “undivided attention” trait, so use common sense here. If she is giving you undivided attention but still seems nervous, that’s a doubly-good sign. One or the other may mean something entirely different.
8. Rapid, Blinking Eyes – Once again, let’s get back to the eyes. If her eyes appear to be blinking rapidly, she’s probably attracted to you. Some people just blink their eyes often, though, so you might observe her when she talks to other people to gauge any differences.
9. Mirroring Your Actions – When a woman imitates your own gestures or movements, or she copies phrases or terms you’ve used during the conversation, she is mirroring. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and mirroring shows that she digs your style.
Remember, flirting and flirtatious isn’t always the same as “being into you”. Some women enjoy flirting for sport, simply because they enjoy a little harmless flirtation with men. In that case, flirting doesn’t always mean she’ll go out on a date. You’ll have to go with your gut instinct, but it’s harmless to try.
What To Do On a First Date
1. Be Punctual – Show up on time. Don’t be rude.
2. Dress Nice – Look like you take care of yourself. If you want to look nonchalant, do it through your words and actions – not through personal hygiene. Look well-groomed. If you have the shaggy look, make certain your hair looks styled. Otherwise, cut it short and neat. Go casual, but don’t go over-casual. Don’t wear torn up clothes. If you care about your appearance, people will respond.
3. Smell Nice – There’s no bigger turn-off than body odor or bad breathe. Show good hygiene. Take a bath before your date. Wear clean clothes. Wear deodorant and a moderate amount of cologne. Brush your teeth immediately before the date. These may seem basic, but body odors happen.
4. Relax and Enjoy Yourself – Have a good time. The idea of dating this person is to enjoy life and enjoy yourself a bit, so do that. Usually, women will respond positively if you are having a good time.
5. Don’t Act The Fool – When I say “Have a good time,” I’m suggesting you enjoy yourself in a reasonable fashion. If you are being an ass to others or showing off by acting foolish, this isn’t likely to impress a woman.
6. Be Positive – Remember to smile. People are simply more attracted to the opposite sex when they smile. That’s the way it happens. Brooding might look good in the movies, but it’s generally a bad way to attract women in life.
7. Good Manners Help – Have decent table manners when eating. Don’t eat too fast and don’t be too sloppy. If you get your food everywhere, that isn’t very attractive. If you talk while you eat, you aren’t going to make points very well and you’re going to look like a bumpkin eating.
8. Listen and Respond – Listen to what she’s saying and respond in an intelligent fashion. That is, show that you are actually taking time to listen to her and you are responding to what she’s saying. Many guys talk incessantly about themselves and never listen to their date.
9. Don’t Talk To the Cell Phone – You are on a date with a girl, not your cellphone. So turn off the cellphone, and certainly don’t get in long conversations via phone while you’re at dinner or on a date with this girl. It might look like you’re important or popular, but you’re being rude and looking needy.
10. Avoid Talk About Sex, Religion, Politics, Ex-Boyfriends – On the first date, avoid four topics that can be a disaster. Sex talk might work occasionally, but it’s usually far too person to be discussing on the first date. Religion and politics are something people care deeply about and, unless you’re lucky, the two of you won’t see entirely eye-to-eye on. Even if you agree on 90%, that other 10% will end up dominating the conversation and you won’t settle anything. And exes are the last thing you want her thinking about on your date. Almost nothing is going to be said about any of these subjects that are going to enhance your first date, so avoid them altogether.
11. Be Confident – Whether you are flirting or dating, the chief piece of advice is to exude confidence. No matter what good or bad decisions you’ve made through the night, a confident man breeds confidence in those around him and it attracts women. This is the most important piece of dating advice you’ll ever receive.
Mens Dating Suggestions
You’ll eventually meet some odd woman who throws all these conventions out the window, but dating is like gambling: for the most success over time, you need to play the odds. Most women are attracted to well-groomed, positive, confident men, so you should try to be all those things.