Dating Rules you should follow to help you be a better dater and to enjoy your time spent in the singles scene. Dating is serious stuff, because both our self-image and our future is tied up in how we date. So whether you are going out to bars to find dates or you’re dating online, here are some dating tips to consider the next time you are in the relationship game.
1. Have a Good Time – Whether you’re out in a club trying to pick up singles, you’re on the internet in a chat session with a potential date or you’re out on your first date with a new guy or girl, have a good time. Dating is supposed to be about having fun and enjoying life, so enjoy life a little bit. Relax, go with the flow, have a good attitude and have a good time. Don’t put a lot of pressure on yourself to “make this happen” or impress your date. He or she is out on a date with you, so they’ve already been impressed by something. Let the game come to you. Just have a good time and everything else should fall into place. And if they don’t want a second date, it’s not your fault.
2. Don’t Be Afraid To Compliment – Whether you’re a man or a woman, don’t be afraid to compliment your date. People like compliments, so it’s going to make them feel better whether they are really into the date or not. Don’t overdo it and don’t make stuff up. Assuming you’re on a date with this person because you find they have some trait or traits you find attractive, pick one out and give a heartfelt compliment.
3. Don’t Apply Pressure – If you’ve just started dating someone, don’t put pressure on them. That means you don’t burden them with your life story or how your last relationship was a disaster. That means you don’t pressure them for a second date all night and you don’t immediately start pestering them with calls. That certainly means you don’t tell this person you love them or want a serious relationship. Stay cool. Stay calm. And if you have a history of jumping into a relationship too quickly and driving the other person away, learn from the past and don’t make that mistake again. Once again, let the game come to you. If it’s going to work, it’s going to work without you forcing it.
4. Date People You’re Attracted To – Don’t date only to be social or to please your friends. If you’re dating a guy or girl simply to please an insistent friend, you’re not doing anyone any favors. All you’re doing is creating unrealistic expectations and stringing someone along who might be attracted to you. So only date people you have a personal attraction to.
5. Join a Dating Community – I’m not saying you join an online dating service or an online dating community. I’m saying you need to surround yourself with people who are in a singles scene themselves. Find people who are positive about dating and the singles life, who are interested in your experiences and can offer dating advice and encouragement. Celebrate the joys of singles dating in the 21st century. If you have those friends in your “real life”, all the better. If you don’t, find an online message board where other singles talk about their dating experiences and can share suggestions. In other words, get into your dating scene.
6. Be Creative and Proactive About Dating – Be proactive about finding dates and don’t be afraid to ask people out. If they say no, then move on to someone else. No harm, no foul. Have a good attitude and don’t get too focused on any one person. Find attractive people and see if they want to go out on the town with you. If you are dating, be proactive and creative about your singles dating and romanctic nights out. Keep a list of dating ideas, so you’ll always have a fun date in the back of your mind. Update your date ideas list frequently, including listing an upcoming events calendar. Jot down any good date suggestions you find on the internet or from friends. You can never have too many good date seeds.
7. Learn From the Past – Don’t date the same type of person who has been wrong for you in the past. Don’t fall into the same dating habits that didn’t work in your past relationships. Break out of your old dating life and try something new. If you analyze your romantic past and realise you date people with bad attitudes and are kind of duds, then don’t date that kind of person moving ahead. If you realise that you drive away people with certain actions, stop doing the same stuff that drives men or women away from you.
8. Don’t Lie – Be positive. Highlight the good things about your life and don’t dwell on the negatives. Have confidence in what you tell your date about yourself. Even praise yourself when appropriate. But don’t lie to your date. Just because some aspect of your life is embarrassing or might not make you look so good, don’t tell a silly lie to cover up the truth. Be honest about your life. If this has a chance of being a good relationship, you stand a real good chance ruining it if you start telling lies about yourself.