SinglesNet.com is one of the larger long-time presences in the online dating scene. Recently bought by Match.com, one of the other well-known dating sites, SinglesNet takes a no-frills approach to creating a profile and conducting searches based on location, age, gender, interests, and similar staple categories. For those 40 and above, this is one of the premier dating sites with more than two million members, making it almost ideal for those who haven’t been on the dating scene for years and aren’t quite sure where to start. There’s an almost even split between men and women, increasing the likelihood of finding a match.
While SinglesNet does offer a free basic membership, they’re not currently offering any membership discounts. When they do add these, we will be sure to update this review and list them here!
Best Aspects of SinglesNet.com
- The SinglesNet site is very user-friendly and it’s easy to find your way around. For those new to the online dating world, this easy-to-use interface is a time- and stress-saver.
- Even with a free basic membership, you have the ability to flirt with and email the people you would like to get to know better.
- If you opt for a paid membership, SinglesNet offers an array of payment options with a credit or debit card, one-time multi-month payments, or a pay-as-you-go plan by the month.
Aspects They Could Add or Improve Upon
- Unless you have a paid membership, it’s not possible to filter the numerous (hopefully) hits your profile gets.
- Profile choices are very limited and are based on rudimentary questions regarding preferences and appearance.
Features that Set SinglesNet.com Apart
SinglesNet offers a chat function that allows users to interact in real time in addition to the usual profile searches and email capabilities that most dating sites have. Members also have the option to write a personal essay of sorts that helps flesh out a very basic profile. SinglesNet also uses its own algorithm for matching up the most likely compatible choices. Users can upload pictures of themselves if they so desire as long as the photos are not suggestive or pornographic. Applicants must be 35 years of age or above which culls the hit-and-run serials daters in their 20s and early 30s, thus making the site kinder and gentler for the more reticent seekers of love, companionship, and dating partners.
The basic membership is free and offers a limited selection of possible matches. Paid memberships start at $24.99, but if a multi-month subscription is purchased, the monthly fee gets progressively lower.