Free dating websites allow you to meet singles without having to pay membership fees. Beware of online dating services which claim free registration but then make you pay before you can contact other users; these are not free dating websites.
While most dating sites charge a membership fee to make a profit, free dating sites rely on revenue from advertisers. That means these sites will have a lower advertising budget, so there’s a chance you haven’t heard of some of the best free dating websites available. Let’s fix that problem right now.
Best Free Dating Websites
So what are the best free dating websites currently available? The following ten are highly-ranked due to customer feedback, number of potential singles, features, and overall reputation within the online dating industry. Browse the sites to find one you like, then sign up and start meeting likeminded singles.
- OkCupid – Unlike other dating sites, OkCupid allows the user to create his/her own set of matching questions. This makes the process more customized, and the client feels as though they have greater control in the process. You can contact anyone on the system, and the entire process is totally free.
- Casual Kiss – This free dating website is geared towards a younger crowd. Most members are under 40, and many of those are under 25. Casual Kiss offers a number of features, and their membership pool is comprised of people from all over the world.
- Woo Me – A mix between online dating and speed dating, Woo Me allows you to have short dates over your computer with just a microphone and web cam. Sign-up takes under 30 seconds, and the site targets users under the age of 40.
- Plenty of Fish – Also known as POF, this site was the first successful free online dating service. Users can see who’s been looking at their profile, and a compatibility questionnaire is also available to help narrow the search for that perfect partner. The creator of the site still runs it himself, making for an atmosphere where users aren’t treated like numbers.
- Connecting Singles – This free dating website targeting U.S. singles is simple and straightforward to use. While it’s totally free, users will still have access to email, forums, chat features, personal profiles, and listings of local singles events.
- Date Hookup – Another solid dating site which relies on advertising revenue instead of membership fees. In recent years, this site has greatly increased in popularity.
- Book of Matches – Also known as BoM, this site offers friend lists, scrap booking, blog tagging, forums, and live chat. Social networking features are also offered so that people can stay in touch with one another over the Internet.
- Real Christian Singles – Christian singles of all ages and denominations are welcome on this free dating site. Visitors can play online games or communicate via live chat or message forums. You must be 18 or older to participate, and all accounts are password protected to assure your privacy. Photos are available, and each user gets a private mailbox to send and receive messages.
- Pride Dating – This may be the top free dating site when it comes to gay singles. There are thousands of photos and ads from gay men and women around the country. Whether you’re gay, bisexual, or transgendered, Pride Dating will have sexy singles for you to meet.
- The JCafé – Founded in 2006, The Jcafe is a free dating website which specializes in getting members of the Jewish faith together. Members can chat with other singles for free, as well as send and receive email messages. Started by two friends named Brian and Alex, The JCafe continues to be a leading source of free Jewish online dating.